The Bureau is looking for a MANAGING DIRECTOR
The Managing Director’s responsibilities are divided into four key pillars:
A) Execution and coordination of the Bureau’s activities:
- Assisting members, as needed, on other IPrelated matters including global trademark, patent portfolio management and IP-related litigation.
- Establishing partnerships and working collaboratively with international, national and local seed associations and law enforcement agencies.
- Supporting the establishment of IP protection organisations in the vegetable seed industry in other parts of the world.
- Advising and training members on methods to improve the protection of their IP.
B) Investigation and market intelligence:
- Steering and coordinating individual and teams of (international) private investigators and law firms engaged in the ongoing monitoring for counterfeits in the global marketplace.
- Performing operational audits of seed enhancers.
C) Enforcement through partnering with law agencies in the countries concerned.
D) Establishment of new networks and collaborations in untapped territories and countries.
- Full-time position with a preferred starting date of October 1st 2019
- Permanent contract
- Fixed salary
The ideal candidate needs to be flexible and effective in establishing and maintaining positive working relationships, able to travel internationally (up to 40% of time) and willing to work outside of office hours. Experience in the seed industry is advantageous.
- Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or a related field is preferred.
- Law enforcement background with solid understanding and experience in general IP matters.
- Ethical judgment and respect for confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of criminal and civil procedures relating to evidence, privacy, interviewing, breach of contract, fraud, supply chain and intellectual property protection.
Skills and abilities
- Fluent in English and competent in French.
- Italian and/or Spanish is highly desirable .
- Proven leadership skills including coaching, mentoring and teaching.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced project management skills including planning, execution and implementation.
- Excellent research skills, high attention to detail, selfmotivated, desire and ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
Information and applications
For more information about this vacancy please contact Casper van Kempen, current Managing Director of AIB, telephone number +31 613 299 392, email: email@example.com.
You may send your CV and covering letter to Maria Valoira, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
A comprehensive background investigation will be part of the selection process.